In the Mission Ready K9: Reaching Peak Performance through Canine Fitness course, you'll learn about the importance of canine fitness and how to maintain an operational canine that consistently works at peak performance. Strategies for meeting your canine partner’s unique fitness needs are also included in the course. Some of the many topics covered in course modules include...
- Evaluating and implementing a Mission Ready Risk Assessment
- Methods for reaching peak performance for detection and patrol dogs
- Strategies and exercises for improving strength, power, speed, stamina, flexibility and body awareness
- Designing and implementing a canine fitness program that helps your dog reach peak performance
- Proven ways to minimize risk for injury and enhance performance in challenging environments
- Strategies for maintaining readiness during and after deployment while meeting the physical and emotional needs of the working canine
All course participants will have six month's access to the online course content. In addition, participants will be able to participate in "live" group virtual coaching sessions where they can receive additional support from the instructor, ask questions and get individualized feedback.
* For an additional fee, graduates of the Mission Ready K9 Program can apply for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from Colorado State University Pueblo. CEUs and the associated transcripts and certificates are issued only by CSU Pueblo as the awarding institution and are contingent upon a continued MOU with Northeast K9 Conditioning. In order to receive course or program CEUs from CSU Pueblo, all graduates must register for such CEUs through CSU Pueblo's registration portal. Upon such registration, graduates will then be issued their certificate and copy of their unofficial transcript from CSU Pueblo.